• How do I join TRS?

TRS has multiple administrative and operational membership options for individuals interested in supporting the organization and serving the community. For more information or an application, visit our membership page.

  • How do I donate to TRS?

As TRS is an independent non-profit 501(c) (3) organization, tax deductible donations are critical to its success. You can mail your donation to Tabernacle Rescue Squad, P.O. Box 2023 Vincentown, NJ 08088.

  • How do I access the EMS system?

Dial 9-1-1 to report any emergency. Remain calm. The 9-1-1 dispatcher will ask you questions, dispatch appropriate emergency units, and provide information and instructions to assist you in reacting to the emergency and providing aid to the patient. Remember not to move an injured person unless their life is in immediate danger. Equally important, don't become a victim yourself. Offer only the level of aid that you are comfortable with providing. Finally, if your request for assistance is for an illness, gather all medications the patient is taking, along with a current medical history, to pass on to the emergency medical personnel when they arrive.

  • When an emergency vehicle is approaching that is displaying flashing red lights and sirens, what should I do?

By New Jersey state law, you are required to immediately pull to the right and come to a full and complete stop. This clears the roadway and allows emergency apparatus to safely and quickly continue its response. If you are unable to pull completely to the right, simply stay where you are and let the emergency vehicle driver navigate around you.

  • What if I see a passenger car or other private vehicle with flashing blue lights?

Volunteer members of first aid squads and fire departments may utilize flashing blue lights on their personal vehicles to allow them to quickly respond to calls. If you see flashing blue lights, please pull to the right side of the road and stop so that our members can continue on their way to answering someone's emergency call.

  • How do I find out about the status of a patient you transported to the hospital?

By law we are not allowed to give out any information regarding patients we have cared for, in the same fashion as a doctor cannot give out information about his or her patients. If you believe you have special circumstances, or would like to speak with an officer regarding a call, please contact us at (609) 268-0671.

  • What is the training required to become a riding member of TRS?

All riding members must be certified as an Emergency Medical Technician - Basic and have a current CPR Card. Observer members may start riding after completing a Professional Rescuer CPR class.

  • When I called for the ambulance, why did the police also come?

Police officers are there as a precaution for the safety of our members.

  • What is the difference between EMTs and Paramedics?

Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) are trained in Basic Life Support (BLS) and provide lifesaving treatment including cardiac defibrillation, CPR, oxygen therapy, splinting and trauma care. Initial EMT certification involves approximately 240 hours of training.

Paramedics provide Advanced Life Support (ALS) including intravenous medication, cardiac monitoring, endotracheal intubation and administration of advanced medications, all under the direction of a Physician. Paramedic training involves more than 1200 hours of classroom and clinical education. New Jersey restricts the operation of paramedic services to hospital-based systems. Virtua Health provides ALS service to Burlington County.

MARCH  166 
APRIL  73 
MAY  86 
JUNE  77 
JULY  79 
YTD  749


MARCH  91 
APRIL  92 
MAY  88 
JUNE  84 
JULY  78 
YTD  1034




  • Facebook

Please consider supporting our efforts.


Join our Newsletter